ynai.com - Forum
October 31, 2014, 09:41:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help The Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raising a nudist family  (Read 37287 times)
Nudly

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 08:00:08 PM »

Hi All,
Not sure if anyone will remember me here.  I've been around here a few times in the past.  I'm a nudist and a mom.  We are raising our kids as nudists.  We love it.  I guess I would call this more of a clothing optional house.  All of us our nude most of the time at home, but not always.  We let everyone do what they feel like doing.  Sometimes you feel like being naked and sometimes you feel like having something on.  It's a great way to raise a family.

Mae

maybe instead of strictly ndist. may have to borrow your take. oh well, plenty of time to think about it
xgsft

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 12:32:44 AM »

Well, I don't want kids.  However, that does not guarentee they don't just happen.  If I had one, (s)he would be raised as a nudist.
Brandon
100% Nude & Natural

United States United States

Taurus

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2007, 02:32:58 AM »

Well, I don't want kids.  However, that does not guarentee they don't just happen. 
vasectomy?

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine
xgsft

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 08:48:37 AM »

vasectomy?

I wish, the girlfriend isn't too keen on the idea however.
Aaron Stern
100% Nude & Natural

Capricorn

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2007, 03:13:09 AM »

whitestokes wrote,

Quote from: turtle75 on March 15, 2007, 08:02:36 PM
Aaron,
are you from california or kentucky??? lol...jk

Oh yeah, by the way turtle75 you are too funny on this one.  LOL

Am I just plain stupid? I don't get it, so please, turtle75 and whitestokes, show some
mercy and explain  Tongue. Take care, Aaron

When you're naked your beauty shines -
my wife Jennifer
Sean

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2007, 03:29:20 AM »

I may be late coming to this thread, but...

We've talked about raising our children in a clothing-optional, shame-free home. We will not actively cover ourselves or hide our nudity from the day they are born so that it will be normal to them. From the start we'll give them the choice as to what to wear (or not to wear) around the home but at the same time teach them how to use discretion about it (in regards to telling friends or letting neighbors know about it).

We've seen entire naturist families before and we are really encouraged by what we see. We want that for our family as well. Family time is so important, and being nude only strengthens those bonds. Not to mention the tremendous fun to be had for kids and adults at nudist camps and resorts. It's really the ideal place for kids; they don't have to worry about their clothes getting dirty or muddy!
Brandon
100% Nude & Natural

Taurus

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2007, 03:46:38 AM »

whitestokes wrote,

Aaron,

Am I just plain stupid? I don't get it, so please, turtle75 and whitestokes, show some

Aaron, you said:

I have a cousin once removed who lives in France. She and I are forth
generation nudies (same great-grandpa who was the first in our family, as
far as we know), and I'm sure if we had kids together they'd turn out to be nudies, as well

Certain hillbilly states in Appalachia (such as Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia) have a reputation for inbreeding, i.e. people having children with their cousins. (That may have been a result of the sparse populations and difficulty of travel.)

(Wikipedia lists "Inbred and incestuous" as hillbilly stereotypes.)

nakednick89

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »

i dont kno, i have a split opinion on this one

rather than practise naturism with the child, i would rather wait until it is older but give it ALL the facts about nudism and let it make an informed decision, because i would hate to raise a child as a nudist for it one day to resent me as it never felt comfortable in that setting,

i would rather just teach ma child that morally, the naked body is something to be proud of, nothing to hide
todaresq
Nude

Pisces

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »

i dont kno, i have a split opinion on this one

rather than practise naturism with the child, i would rather wait until it is older but give it ALL the facts about nudism and let it make an informed decision, because i would hate to raise a child as a nudist for it one day to resent me as it never felt comfortable in that setting,

i would rather just teach ma child that morally, the naked body is something to be proud of, nothing to hide

1st: How would you teach your child that the nude body is something to be proud of and not something to hide if they were being raised to wear clothes all the time? Do you think that your kid when they are 14 or 15 wants to hear their parents speak about being nude with them if they have not done so before?

I have heard MANY non-nudist people with this idea... well, similar. It is kind of convoluted. When I tell people I want to raise my kids in a naturist home life, a lot ask why don't I just let them choose when they are an adult... ie: 18. That way it is something they want. How are they going to know the real deal about it... or even know about it?!?!?!

To give them a comparison, I use religion. People raise their kids in their religion or with no religion. I ask them if they want their child to be the religion they are when they grow up. They always say that their child can choose whatever one they want when they grow up. Well, guess what, they will choose their parents. It may be a different denomination... but most will not turn 18 and say, hey... it was nice being Jewish but I think I will convert to be Muslim.

The kids learn that religion & denomination and usually only that religion & denomination. The parents normally say they would be OK with their kids changing *choosing their own* religions... to most, that means denomination, like Catholic to Baptist or Mormon to Methodist. If the kid wanted to convert to Judaism or Islam, the parents would normally not be as accepting.

Same thing with clothing... kids learn either that it is OK to not where clothes at times or that you should where clothes at all times, except when in the shower and/or having sex. This is while growing up and starts before they can speak. They see people wearing clothes all the time and notice you clothe them... that when they try to take their diaper off, you put it back on... that when they lift up their skirt, you push it back down. Sure, even as a nudist, the parent would try to put the diaper back on, and in a public textile location, a nudist would also discipline the girl that was board and playing with her skirt hem too far up... but they would also be nude in the appropriate locations. In the home, on the nude beach and at the nudist resort. The child would see that and see it as normal. If you don't bring up the child in the nudist environment... even if it is only the home. They will be a textile. Just as with religion... if you don't bring your child up in a religion, they normally won't be religious or if you bring your child up in a Christian home, they won't be a Jew.

Local Locations: Buckridge/Bonita - Empire Haven - Sunspot
Others visited: Serendipity Park - Cypress Cove
Aaron Stern
100% Nude & Natural

Capricorn

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2007, 04:30:01 AM »

whitestokes wrote,

Aaron,

Aaron, you said:

I have a cousin once removed who lives in France. She and I are forth
generation nudies (same great-grandpa who was the first in our family, as
far as we know), and I'm sure if we had kids together they'd turn out to be nudies, as well

Certain hillbilly states in Appalachia (such as Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia) have a reputation for inbreeding, i.e. people having children with their cousins. (That may have been a result of the sparse populations and difficulty of travel.)

(Wikipedia lists "Inbred and incestuous" as hillbilly stereotypes.)

Thank's for the info, Brandon, finally I do know what turtle75 was talking about. But then again,
what I read about "incestuous relationships" in a couple of 'pedias, they explained it's only in-cest when a mother and her son, a father and his daughter, or a brother and his sister have a baby, whereas in most cultures it's ok for cousins to be married and have children. Wikipedia has a list of "cousin couples" that includes Albert Einstein, Edgar Allen Poe, Charles Darwin, Sergej
Rachmaninoff, Edvard Grieg and Queen Victoria, who all married their first cousin (legally) and
had healthy kids. And my cousin Emile in Paris is once removed, as I mentioned. So culturally
and legally it would be perfectly ok for her and me to have kids together. I hope she doesn't
read this, because we're going to spend our summer vacation together in Cap Agde this year,
again, and I'm certainly not on her short list as far as dating, marrying and having a baby is
concerned. When I wrote, "and I'm sure if we had kids together they'd turn out to be nudies",
that's exactly what I had in mind, an irrealis absolutus. Aaron

When you're naked your beauty shines -
my wife Jennifer
Brandon
100% Nude & Natural

Taurus

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2007, 05:03:18 AM »

Interesting.  I found one article that notes that "in England, incest was punishable only in ecclesiastical courts, which ostensibly applied the law of Leviticus prohibiting persons more closely related than fourth cousins to marry."

Leviticus has a lot of prohibitions that are largely ignored in American society today. My favorite is the prohibition on fabric blends.  Man, I hate cotton-polyester blends.

According to a report quoted in the article, children of unrelated parents have a 3 percent to 4 percent chance of being born with a serious birth defect, while children of first cousins have a 4 percent to 7 percent chance.

The article notes that carriers of diseases like cystic fibrosis, for example, are permitted to marry and reproduce with other carriers, even though resulting children have a one in four chance of developing the disease. 
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/04/columns/fl.grossman.incest.04.09/

Achmed The Nudist
(formerly Doodles)
Supreme Youth Naturist Forum Leader

Egypt Egypt

Taurus

At the nude beach!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 11:17:44 PM »

I agree with Aaron. There's nothing incestous about marrying cousins. It's quite common in most Middle Eastern and East Asian cultures.

However, researchs do prove that there's a higher probability of a serious birth defects among children of related parents.
A. Londoner

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2007, 01:04:26 PM »

I think I would have to say no. I would have an environment where nudity is completely normal on hot days etc, and (when children), in the house, but I would not bring them up as "naturists" as such.
smoothsamnw3

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »

I'd be inclined to agree with A.Londoner (maybe its because I'm a Londoner too  hehehe).  I'd strongly encourage them to hang out clothes free at beaches etc and to teach them that the nude body is not a thing to be ashamed of, cover up nor giggle at.  Present the kids with as much information as possible and it'll demystify some of the hang ups we acquire wehn growing up.  It'd also help them make their own informed decisions...
artinprogress

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »

For me when and if I have kids, I would raise them to respect people. Naturist, textile, white, black, big, small. Idon't care. I'll let them be naked whenever they want, I'll just have to be careful with them and possibly find a good enough place for them to live in that they have the opportunity to be nude without hassle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: